Monday, September 23, 2013

SISE Reflection


As my time with Dr. George Kazanas comes to an end with my Lamar Superintendent Internship, I cannot help but think how fortunate I was to have him as my supervisor.  Our final conference was a positive experience that truly made me think ponder the thought of the superintendent seat being a real reality.  The date of our conference was Tuesday, September 17, 2013, and Dr. Kazanas was kind enough to come to the high school for our final visit.  For years, I have spoken about how much I enjoy working at as the principal of a high school.  After my meeting with Dr. Kazanas, I felt that should I decide that I want to take the next step that I have the tools necessary to be successful as a superintendent.  Dr. Kazanas highlighted several of the competencies as Exemplary.  Within each one of these areas, he took time to not only write but verbally share his feelings about why he felt these areas were areas that I was truly prepared.  His comments were uplifting and very thoughtful.  I have mentioned before in previous blogs that Dr. Kazanas takes advantage of opportunities to teach beyond just what is required in the paper.  Our time together was no exception.  The areas that he rated me Proficient were areas that I completely would agree.  Rather than writing comments on these areas, we discussed strategies to strengthen these areas should I determine that I want to pursue the position of superintendent.  I did not have any competencies that Dr. Kazanas rated as Minimally Proficient.  This entire experience gave me the opportunity to stretch my knowledge of school leadership and also gave me the chance to get to know my superintendent better.  I feel confident that if I pursue a superintendent position that Dr. Kazanas will be one of my strongest supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment