Sunday, September 8, 2013

Job Entry Reflection


The task of creating what I would do if hired as superintendent on the first day, the first week, the first month and first year, really caused me to be reflective of the things that I view as critical components of my leadership style.  I was appreciative of the feedback I received from my classmates that gave me ideas about other good connections such as the Region Service Center to be an early contact.  I also appreciate the feedback regarding some of my early contact being connection with parents.  I feel like this has been a strength of mine during my administrative career.  I also wanted to highlight the need to establish strong relationships with my district and campus leadership staff.  The final element that I had strong feelings about was to ensure that the students of my district had a strong, viable curriculum to help them be successful in all their future endeavors. 

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    I appreciate your candor on some of the challenges you experienced in developing your job entry plan. I, too, experienced some deep reflection prior to posting my thoughts on how I would initiate my tenure as a superintendent. Thanks for the tip about the Region Service Center. I will try to incorporate that into my plan for the future.

    Have a great week!

    Brian East

    ReplyDelete