Saturday, February 16, 2013

Internship Plan Conference

My conference with Dr. Kazanas went very well.  He had seen my original plan because I had it in a draft form when I interviewed him.  With that in mind, he was able to see an updated version of the plan with some revisions that were made based off what I saw from other plans and feedback I received.  He liked the additional adjustments made with my final plan.  Dr. Kazanas like the activities that I had selected within the plan and liked that I had added measurable outcomes for each activity.  Although he did not have me add any activities to my plan, he did emphasize that he would be looking for opportunities during the next several months to add activities to my plan that would be opportunities that arose in the district that I could gain expose to.  One activity that he mentioned during our time together was expanding my Activity #33 as we are actively going through the bond process right now.  It will give me opportunities to be a witness to meetings and see first-hand this process in motion.  He felt like the Bond Election process can be one of the most challenging tasks a superintendent goes through with the School Board and the community. 

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Having recently completed a $400 million bond in B.I.S.D., I can tell you there are many challenges that lie ahead, no matter how large or small your bond may be. One piece of advice is to keep the focus on the students, no matter what. If you find yourself constantly on the defensive regarding proposed tax increases or other issues which may arise, always remember to keep the focus on the students and the fact that they deserve better facilities. That will assist you in bringing together your stakeholders to a unified position. Good luck!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    I am glad you will be including bond activities in your Intern Plan. That is one area that is currently missing from mine but may be added later. I am also glad that you and I are getting supervisory experiences from two different people in our district so that we can share learned opportunities with each other - it's like a two for one!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am participating in my district's bond election process. It has been a true learning experience. Good luck with the process.

    ReplyDelete